Date(s) - 11/18/2019
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
“Differentiating Depression, Dementia, and Delirium: Assessment and Intervention”
Description:The issues of delirium, depression and dementia in the older adult are involved and complicated. This presentation will discuss the incidence as well as the common characteristics of each. Assessment of the clinical symptoms, needed differentiation and assessments scales will be presented. The multidisciplinary needs of older adults will be emphasized.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of the most common psychiatric disorders in older adults: Delirium, Depression and Dementia
- Demonstrate the needed assessment of older adults who present with “behavioral” symptomatology
- Utilize assessment scales that may be used for differentiating each disorder
- Describe the importance of good medical care, psychiatric intervention and psychosocial interventions when providing care to older adults
- Discuss the multidisciplinary needs of older adults.
1:00 – 1:15 Differentiating Depression, Delirium Dementia
- Symptoms of Depression
1:15 – 2:00 Differentiating Depression, Delirium Dementia
- Symptoms of Delirium
2:00 – 2:45 Differentiating Depression, Delirium Dementia
- Symptoms of Dementia
2:45 – 3:15 Always THINK medical first!
- Start low and go slow!
- Ongoing assessment and intervention
- Need for a Multidisciplinary Approach to Care
3:15 – 3:30PM Case Discussion
The webinar will be offered Monday, November 18, 2019 from 1PM – 3:30 PM, Eastern Time. The cost is $65; plus an additional $35 if you are requesting continuing education credits.
Continuing Education Credits:
- Continuing Education Credit has been approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for the following professions:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LPCs/LMHCs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Social Workers. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for Social Workers. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
If applicable: Social Workers – New York State
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers. #SW-0444.
As an American Psychological Association (APA) approved provider, CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). These courses can be utilized by nurses to renew their certification and will be accepted by the ANCC. Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider # CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- This program has approved for 2.5 contact hours by the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) for a total of 2.5 continuing education contact hours.
- This webinar has been approved for 2.5 Continuing education credits to the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, for Personal Care Home Administrators
Please contact email@example.com with any questions!